Topband: Beverage Termination Question

k1fz k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Wed Nov 12 16:26:12 EST 2014

Dennis,

Best to use a seperate ground rod, as signals can couple through a common
ground rod connection. Seperation needed depends upon type of earth. Try 5
feet from others.  Beverage notes   www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

73
Bruce-K1FZ

 I want to put up a temporary, single wire 358 degree beverage for the
winter. The angle between the two antennas will be approximately 45 degrees.
Can I ground the 470 ohm termination resistor for the single wire beverage
to the same ground system used by the NE/SW bi-directional without serious
interaction?

 Or must I drive a separate ground rod for the single wire antenna? If so,
how far must it be spaced from the bi-directional ground system?

 73, Dennis W0JX