Topband: Phased short vertical receive antenna system

James Rodenkirch rodenkirch_llc at msn.com
Wed Nov 19 06:14:12 EST 2014

I recall seeing a phased antenna system for the low bands that employed short vertical antennas....shorter than what is used in the system for sale at DX Engineering these days. I am envisioning an advertisement where the antennas - 4 to 8 of them depending on how narrow of a pattern you desired - looked like whips....perhaps 8 to 10 feet tall....

Anyone know about what I have stuck up in my cranium or am I simply "losing it"?

72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV