Topband: Signal source

Russ Tobolic via Topband topband at contesting.com
Tue Nov 25 10:55:36 EST 2014

Hello Clive;
Check out the  IV3PRK website-  www.iv3prk.it  under "receiving antennas" and then the "rx ant. tests" tab.Luis has a circuit using a 1.843 crystal oscillator.  I use the same device without the tuned circuit, just hanging a 1 meter wire off the outputpin and it works fine for me, tweaking receiving loops.  However, you may need the tuned output circuit plus an amplifier if you are working at 10 wavelengths.  The only thing I added was a multivibrator circuit to key the oscillator on and off to discern from any other possible signals.

Russ, N3CO      From: Clive GM3POI <gm3poi2 at btinternet.com>