Topband: BOG antenna 160 meters.

k1fz at myfairpoint.net k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Wed Nov 26 09:48:37 EST 2014

 In the period of Nov. 23 to Nov 25 had extreme QRN from storms. (May have been those in upstate New York). Listening for the Galapagos Island stations was very tough with my above ground Beverages
   Tried my 200 foot  two wire, two direction BOG and they were good easy copy.  There were not many on the band, very few calling made for easy contacts.

 Found in late summer that my BOG does have a weak point..... Did not stand up well to my gasoline powered lawn mower,  having strayed to the edge of the field  too much...( ; >]))
 Ran new wire  before the Galapagos  contacts..          Photos or the actual 2 wire  BOG  transformers are on my WEB page.

 73
 Bruce-K1FZ

 www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes/index.html