Topband: TX relays

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:50:57 EDT 2014

Thanks for the advice. I've already calculated the voltage at the feedpoint
of my 160m inverted-L on 80m at 1500w (using EZNEC), and it's only a little
over 3 kV.

I just popped the cover off a little Omron PCB-mounting relay that I forgot
I had, rated at 10 kV. The spacing between the SPDT contacts and the coil
actually looks greater than that open-frame relay. I was thinking of
seriesing the contacts on two of these relays, if necessary.

I should take a photo and get the Omron P/N later for this thread.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com