Topband: TX relays

Ken Claerbout k4zw at verizon.net
Mon Oct 13 18:01:55 EDT 2014

Milt's question was a good one and it got my interest since I am in the
process of building an 80 meter transmit array.  It's unfortunate the
discussion tuned into an excrement fest but it shouldn't come as a surprise.
People are who they are.  Thanks to those who provided useful comments.

I looked over data sheets for a variety of DPDT relays but eventually bought
mine from Array Solutions.  Why?  There were a lot of choices and I really
wasn't sure which was best suited for my application.  I figured, and time
will tell, that they have been used in enough applications and potential
issues should have been sorted out by now.  Might there be something better
or could I have got them cheaper?  Maybe.  But I don't have time to analyze
this to the nth degree.  The project moves forward.

73
Ken K4ZW