Topband: Stew Perry

Henk PA5KT pa5kt at remijn.net
Sun Oct 19 15:15:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

I made some hours in the Stew Perry last night.

Only dx worked around 02:30 was KV4FZ and 03:00 worked KA1R who was not
in contest.
Both had very strong signals and not a lot of noise.

USA stations I could hear for a long time but who did not hear me:
NO3M, K1LT, K3UL.

Signals were good till about 04:30 and then dropped and stayed low even
during my SR at 06:15.

Tx antenna 16m vertical top loaded with 2 sloping wires.
2 1/4wl elevated radials and some radials on the ground.
Rx 50m reversible (W<->E) beverage on ground which appears to work ok.

Looks like buying a new house in the countryside was a good investment.
Hope to work more dx.

73 Henk PA5KT