Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Sep 2 16:24:45 EDT 2014

On Tue,9/2/2014 12:14 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> Can anyone recommend some first grade pulleys?  I am looking for
> something bigger than what they have at hardware stores, 3 or 4
> inch.

I have two sources. The best are from B&B Small Engine, a vendor here in
Santa Cruz that caters to tree climbers. They're pretty expensive -- I
think I last paid about $50 each. I just did some searching and found
this listing, which appears to be the same pulley at half the cost. The
ones I have look like the RP-115.

http://www.ropescoursewarehouse.com/catalog1/advancedwebpage.aspx?cg=1168&cd=4&SKUTYPE=202&SKUFLD=SKU&DM=1250&WEBID=914&gclid=CNOxh_Kmw8ACFUiGfgod7zgA6A

Here's a page that shows that the sideplates rotate around the axle, so
that the rope can be inserted in the middle, not only from an end.

http://www.rocknrescue.com/acatalog/CMI_Pulley_Information.pdf

http://mammothgear.com/Stainless-Pulley-545484546/

This appears to be the mfr. http://www.cmi-gear.com/

My other source is West Marine. It's important to match the pulley
sheave to the rope.

73, Jim K9YC