Topband: [Bulk] 160M loading coil mounting/orientation

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 8 11:21:04 EDT 2014

Have you checked the design with EZNEC?  A little more top hat and you
won't need a coil.  I had an 80m top loaded 3" dia vertical 40' tall
which resonated at 3.8MHz.  A tweak of that model to 70' showed the 8 x
8 ft spokes at the top would resonate at 1.8MHZ, 33 ohms.  A perimeter
wire seems to help a lot for lowering the resonance according to the
modeling, but was not in your antenna model.

Grant KZ1W