Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

Milt -- N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Wed Sep 17 18:54:53 EDT 2014

Good evening all,

I too have used the STI brand of outdoor rope for many, many years with absolutely no problems.  I climb 120' towers that are guyed with the 5/16" variety.

I am in the midst of a low band vertical array project.  I have nearly used up the 10,000 feet of 5/16" line that is being used for the guying lines on all the vertical elements.

I have in the past, and did so for this project, purchased directly from STI.  They sell in single spool quantities or multiple 500 foot and 1,000 foot spool quantities.  No, you cannot buy 50’, 100’, or similar small lengths.

For those interested, the web page for STI is http://www.synthetictextilesinc.com/supportham.html

I have no interest in the company other than their superb product for use in my personal antenna projects.

Mis dos centavos.

de Milt, N5IA