Topband: [Bulk] Re: Outdoor rope suggestions

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Sep 17 19:34:29 EDT 2014

As I stated when I started this thread about 2 weeks ago Ive had STI line in
use since 1983 for all sorts of outdoor projects including boom supports. I
was looking for alternatives and went with Davis Dacron because they carried
1000' spools; being in the same state cut down on shipping and gave next day
service. The two brands look identical.

The longest runs these days is to support seperate 160, 80, and 75M inverted
v's with a common coax feed at 180' with the ends out to 300' or so from the
tower base. Several pieces are knotted together and takes all that Mother
Nature can toss at if from ice storms to hurricanes, microbursts,
N'oreasters, etc.

Carl
KM1H