Topband: BCB interference ?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Mon Sep 22 14:19:58 EDT 2014

It operates like a send/return loop. You can toggle the signal routing from the front panel to either use the external device or not. I know for a fact it will work for the transmit antenna since that's what I use it for, but as far as I know it can be used for *any* external antenna, but not the separate receive antenna (using the separate connector) you can have for the KRX3.

Elecraft uses this same setup to put their 6m preamp inline (which is where I first found out about it -- the preamp "mounts" to the back of the radio with dual BNC connections). The manual discusses using the loop to allow external filters/amps to be patched in.

  -Bill