Topband: Salt-Water Qth!

Ray Higgins (W2RE) w2re at hudsonvalleytowers.com
Wed Apr 1 13:10:46 EDT 2015

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your detailed answer. I appreciate your valuable time in responding.

After a few emails and a phone call it looks like we need to be within the fresnel zone, which is five wavelengths according to the ON4UN book.

Yes! I know Peter K3ZM location all too well. We put up his 190’ R25 support for his 4SQ in 30+ mph winds a few years back. Great location on a marsh about 1/4 mile from the Ocean.

Thanks for the input, we looking forward to start building the contest station! :)

73,

Ray W2RE