Topband: Salt-Water Qth!

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:14:21 EDT 2015

This is fascinating stuff.  My 160 meter vertical is less than 2
wavelengths away from the Great Pond Bay and the salt water lagoon
inside which includes a floodplain of very brackish water. This is
proven my taste and by the fact that there are plenty of mangroves
there.  Before I knew any better I ran 1000' coax and then a 600'
Beverage from on side of the salt flat muck to a post on the other using
an existing series of fence posts.  The results were horrible and my
inland Beverages over a former hay field worked but the salt pond
beverage did not. All I can say that to a moral certainty that whatever
that proves it proves.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ