Topband: Help requested

Jim wa3mej at comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 19:41:27 EDT 2015

I know this is a bit off topic but I honestly dont know where else to go with something like this and any help would be appreciated but since it is off topic please respond via email and off reflector.

I am looking for any information regarding three amateur call signs from over 100 years ago.

5XB

7ZJ

7CU

apparently they are listed to the same (group) of guys Royal Mumford W3CU Bill Mumford W2CU and Hal Mumford W6CU all of whom are SK at this point.

it is my goal to write an article about a legendary contact which is apparently still on the books for the longest over land QSO and it is my belief that it was made with the call 5XB. Keep in mind that all of these calls may be have been before licensing of stations which makes it very hard and probably vital that I find the information before it is lost for all times. Thanks for any help you guys may be able to provide

To those of you that this message has impacted I am sorry to bring this request to this reflector but I am at a loss.

Jim WA3MEJ

Long Live Seal Team VI

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm