Topband: DK6ED Double Loop

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Apr 24 23:24:31 EDT 2015

On 4/24/2015 7:10 PM, Mike Waters wrote:
> Eddy,
>
> Did you ever get any replies to this?
>
> In 2013, I corresponded with a European ham friend of mine about the
> original article (not in English). IIRC, that design differs from a similar
> antenna ("shared apex") in that there is more separation between the loops.
> That, is was claimed, reduces interaction between them and so improves the
> pattern.

At the Visalia DX convention last weekend, the vendor of the SAL
announced a "breakthru" where the loops have more separation which
entails dispensing with the shared apex.  Another aspect of the
breakthru was that the loops are now rectangular instead of triangular.
The result looks a lot like the double loops that have already
been published.  All of this confirms my original suspicions about
the SAL.

Rick N6RK