Topband: LOTW Downloads

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 21:34:20 EDT 2015

When I had a complete hard drive failure in October, 2013, I emailed ARRL, They sent me an ADIF file of all the Q's going back to 1983 that I had uploaded to LOTW.

What I did to make sense of the download was to install a fresh copy of Logger 32 onto my laptop. Then I imported the LOTW ADIF file into Logger 32. The program organized all of the QSO's in chronological order, and once I set up that copy of Logger 32 properly, it also indicated what contacts were confirmed.

Once loaded into Logger 32, you can make partial log exports into another ADIF file for whatever date ranges you want.

LOTW saved my backside that year and now I religiously back up my Logger 32 files.

73, Dennis W0JX