Topband: Best wire antenna for roof top location

Mirko S57AD miroslav.sibilja at amis.net
Sat Aug 8 15:03:08 EDT 2015

Nuradi, how about halfwave sloping dipoles hung digonally from the top of
the building?  Some 30 years ago at YU1EXY we had contest shack at top of
60m tall building with student's dormitory.  In spite the building was in
the middle of city noise, sloping dipoles played extremely well. Later we
replaced sloping dipoles with sloped yagis for 80m (3 el toward NW (USA)
and 2 el toward NE (Japan).   With halfwave sloping dipole we managed to
QSO KH6 on 160m, very though contact from this part of Europe.  Maybe
building acted as kind of reflector on this band...

73,  Mirko, S57AD