Topband: Best wire antenna for roof top location

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 10 17:10:49 EDT 2015

On Mon,8/10/2015 5:53 AM, Tom W8JI wrote:
> A dipole on a real tall building roof is worth a try (because it is so
> simple and easy), but it is not a simple predictable system.

Tom,

I agree with this post on all counts. What's actually there can be
difficult to predict or even know, so anything that can be installed
reasonably easily is worth a try. Yes, an end-fed wire loaded against
the building as a counterpoise is certainly worth trying. This one of
those situations where you must try the various options to see what works.

73, Jim K9YC