Topband: Best wire antenna for roof top location

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Aug 12 11:16:51 EDT 2015

Guy and jim,

No, I'm not missing anything -- did you miss my words "first
approximation" in my description of the model?  That model was a
feasibility study, not intended or accepted (by me, at least) as a
predictor of actual performance of an antenna on a building that we
known nothing more than a few dimensions. You are missing my point,
which is that, depending on the nature of the building roof and
structure, a horizontal antenna MIGHT be a very good one, and is worth
trying.

73, Jim K9YC