Topband: Kits 'n Parts Preamp Kit Works!

Bill & Liz magoo at isp.ca
Fri Aug 28 14:15:37 EDT 2015

I built one of these preamps way back when Diz first began offering them.  It works great!  I also purchased several spare 2N5109 as he had the best price.  Again, good transistors.

I tested the K ‘n P model preamp which I had built for a friend against a W7IUV which I had built some years before ‘dead bug” style for myself and both showed about the same gain and low noise. I still run W7IUV preamps on my K9AY loops as well as some other RX antennas though have been thinking about changing one out for a Norton type.

Bill VE3NH