Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ??? (RX Front End Protector)

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 21:00:09 EDT 2015

Mike,

The Array Solutions device also uses the transformers to increase the
voltage at the diodes then steps it back down which means that the diodes
are not doing their limiting at 50 ohms.   Therefore, your set of 2 series
diodes or even one diode each direction is limiting at a higher power level
than the Array Solutions device.

>From the QST article.
"The transformer increases the voltage level to allow limiting by a pair of
back-to-back diodes and then another transformer matches the output to a 50
ohm receiver input."

Jim - KR9U