Topband: 2 wl loop, worth the effort?

NC3Z Gary nc3z at outlook.com
Tue Dec 1 22:00:38 EST 2015

I have been contemplating a sky loop to replace my coax 160/80M fan
dipole. The loop would be fed with ladder line so I could use it on 160-40M.

It would take a bit more effort clearing an area to get up 2wl of wire
but it could be done. Is the effort worth it over a 1wl loop? An
additional issue is I can only get it up about 50'.

Right now the dipole is at 25' and works very well with the hams I daily
keep in touch with in the 500-600 mile range, but is limited in it's
bandwidth.

Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z/4 Pamlico County, NC FM15