Topband: 2 wl loop, worth the effort?

mikestahoe at sbcglobal.net mikestahoe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 2 15:07:45 EST 2015

For what its worth Id stick with the dipoles at that height. I tried 1,2 and 3 wave length loops at ~110 ft
(vs dipole at 110 ft)  and "on the average" the dipole worked the best.  This is completely unscientific but
two years of playing on 160 the 1 wave length loop was quieter but didnt have the coverage of the
dipole, 2 wave length was the worst (noisier that the one wave length and didnt hear as well) the 3 wave length was only up a short time due to a snow
storm but it didnt seem to perform any better than the 1 wave length.
If I remember correctly odd wave length loops tend to model better than even wavelength loops.??

K7MS/Lake Tahoe