Topband: Vertical Antenna on a cliff above the Sea

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:05:48 EST 2015

Many DXpedition organizers on oceanfronts speak highly of vertical dipoles
or arrays of vertical dipoles for 40M/30M/20M. I'm not sure I've ever seen
any of these have the advantage of a cliff to do something for 160M.

I myself have been experimenting with vertical moxons on 20M, the bottom of
which is not much above ground level, including EZnec modeling, looking for
a good west-facing antenna with well-defined TOA for domestic contesting.

Tim N3QE