Topband: Topband QRP WAS

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Dec 5 11:40:29 EST 2015

On 12/4/2015 9:38 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> I'm still working on this, and need a handful of states. They are CT,
> VT, WV, KY, SC, andMS.  I'm 70 miles S of San Francisco, on the coast.
>
> The best time to make these QSOs has been in the 90 or so minutes before
> local sunrise at the east coast end, and for perhaps 30-45 minutes after
> local sunrise. If you're calling CQ, I'll find you and do my best to
> make you hear me. :)
>
> Thanks and 73, Jim K9YC

Last night, I worked several CT, KY, and SC, and at least 1 MS.
However, these were before 0730Z. I too got up at 1130Z and I
think I only worked KY on your list this morning. OTOH, JA's
were booming in this morning, especially JA3YBK who can be
counted on to be the strongest JA, yet I didn't hear him
CQ'ing on 1811 as usual.  He called me.

Activity seemed to be down, so I didn't have a lot of trouble
getting a run frequency (even running low power) in the
"dime quarter" band (1810-1825) where JA's hang out. In the
past, this has virtually been a combat zone.

Still need (for the contest) WV and VT (always tough to find
and work from here).

Rick N6RK