Topband: ARRL 160 stories

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Mon Dec 7 21:56:17 EST 2015

Once again, I will be doing the QST & ARRL Web writeup for the just-finished ARRL 160M Contest. If any of you Top Band denizens have a story to tell about the 'test, please send them to me (k9ay at k9ay.com) -- No need to repeat your 3830 posts, since I'll already have them.

My own operation was a modest part-time effort (12 hrs op time), low power unassisted. Band was quiet, but signals were not especially strong, which may have discouraged some ops. Still, there are always periodic 'waves' of much better propagation -- most of my 18 DX mults called in while I was CQing, usually with strong signals. Those are the fun moments!

73, Gary
K9AY