Topband: Ideas for xmit antennas for new QTH in KH6

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Fri Dec 11 12:53:01 EST 2015

OK....fine!  From there attach a Dacron rope to support a Lazy Inverted
L or sloper that is started some distance away from the tower to
minimize interaction, and feed it with 50 ohm coax against a few
radial.  You can even drop a wire for 80 meters  from the same halyard
and use the same feed connection. Both the 160 and 80 wires should be
slightly longer than 1/4 wave so two different series capacitors can be
used as may be required.  If the 160 and 80 drop wires are 20 feet or
more apart you should be able to use the same feed line without any
serious problem. The radial you use for 160 work just a good for 80 and
of they are insulated wire laying on the ground need not be a quarter
wave and can be 20 to 30% shorter than normal.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ