Topband: Heathkit SB-1000

Rich Cariello rlcariello at verizon.net
Thu Dec 17 05:54:57 EST 2015

Jim,
To get closer to the needed value of the additional transmitting cap I would try to find out the max value of the load cap that came with the amp. Halve the value and that's what I would install. I recall the amp would kind of tune up around 2 mg with max load cap value. Adding an additional 50% cap allowed the amp to tune the hole 160 meter band. Bottom line just put in whatever you have and see what happens. But if you need to go out and buy something then the 50% cap value should do you.
Rich AA2MF

Sent from my iPad