Topband: SB-1000

Jim Murray adkmurray at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 13:56:25 EST 2015

If it is being driven with 50 watts or more and does not tune into a 50 ohm
load, I'd carefully inspect the entire tank circuit and wiring of the tank.
This includes the switch (as Herb suggested).

Thanks to all.  I will go over it again today.  I initially started out on 160 and then moved on to other bands.  On 160 I could not get any increase in grid current, it came up but no increase with plate tuning but may  not have applied enough drive.  Staying below the 200ma grid and 400ma plate and just shooting for 500-600 watts on all bands right now.  I did go over the switch before using the amp and it looked good and also deoxit it. The only  thing I changed was 115v to 220.  Probably just operator error since it's been a  while doing any maxing and dipping:)Jimk2hn