Topband: 160M ant advice

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 18 13:16:34 EST 2015

Gene, AD3F also suggested a cage.  It looks like a great way to go. You
mentioned using a flat
wound AM BC coil in your matching arrangement.  I have a Gates flatwound
roller inductor that may
have been used in AM BC.  It is huge, about 8 inches in diameter and 16
inches long.  The spacing
between the flat coils is about 1/2"  I have it stashed away for that
special project,  looks like I have the
special project now, hihi.
I will check out W8JI's information too, that's what I need the most
right now, shunt feeding is new to me.

thanks Herb,
Bob
K6UJ