Topband: safely sharing an RX antenna

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Dec 18 17:40:54 EST 2015

On 12/18/2015 1:15 PM, Petr Ourednik wrote:
> Hi
>
> it sounds like SO2R on the same band... Its interresting for me too. I
> am using one solution in CQ160m in order to use 2nd radio for S&P but
> its disconnected from antenna and grounded as same as 1st radio in RUN
> during TX period. So I am curious what other TBers are using...
>
> 73 - Petr, OK1RP

I have run SO2R single band in a number of 160 meter contests.
If the signal level at the receiver is anywhere near the damage
level, you won't be able to hear anything even if the receiver
is undamaged.  I used a loop receiving antenna 1000 feet from my
transmit antenna, and I carefully nulled out my own transmitter
by rotating the loop.  Worked pretty well even with just
a TS570 for the 2nd radio.

Rick N6RK