Topband: F-type connectors transmitting question

Michael St. Angelo mstangelo at comcast.net
Sat Dec 19 13:08:48 EST 2015

I acquired some Commsphere Flooded F-11 type coax. I installed compression
Type UHF connectors on the coax. I solder the copperclad center conductor to
the center pin. The shield braid is connected via compression.

The UHF connectors are working but I am concerned about the reliability
because the shield braid has about 50% coverage. I'd like to try F type
connectors. Will the smaller center conductor pin of the F type connector
handle power when transmitting? I presently use 100 watts but may use an amp
in the future.

Mike N2MS