Topband: DX Engineering NCC-1 phase controller

Rune Øye runeegil at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 20 02:46:52 EST 2015

Hi all, i have just received my christmas gift from the "princses" a NCC-1 from Dx Engeneering. My plan is to use this with my SAL30  RX array on antenna port A and a single "noise antenna" on port B. My plan is to make the noise antenna from a single wire. How much of an "noise antenna" is needed to get enough signal. I dont have any receiver amplifier available. Would a single vertical wire of approx 25 foot be good enought.What about front end protection?. When i use the "TX to GND" function on the NCC-1, is that suffisient ?. Running 1KW from my Acom 2000 and TX antenna is located in a distance of approx 1/2 wave lenght. My 80 meter inv V dipol antenna will be located approx 100 feet from any of the RX antennas. The NCC-1 is expencive so i am a bit parranoid and would hope it last for more than a day :-)
73 Rune LA7THA