Topband: A "valid" QSO????

James Rodenkirch Rodenkirch_LLC at msn.com
Sun Dec 27 07:09:24 EST 2015

Jim K9YC wrote, "A valid contact is the exchange of callsigns and one additional piece of information, followed by acknowledgement by both stations. When running QRP at the limits of propagation, that exchange can take a while."

Where would one find official documentation to support that posit?

I see some verbiage stating that in some sort of ARRL operating manual written by Mark Wilson, Jim....is that your "source of support"? I've ntalked to ARRL staff who contend one doesn't need anything other than the exchange of call signs so....I'm just "axin'"!!

72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV