Topband: Beverage Crow's Foot Ground Wire Pattern

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:11:26 EST 2015

Or frozen soil. :-)

When I first installed my NE-SW 2-wire Beverage, signals off the SW
(reverse/feed) end were weak. The quick fix was to pour a hot concentrated
solution of Epsom salts around the rod.

I think part of the problem was that the ground rod was not making good
contact with the soil near the surface. (That's often typical of a
freshly-driven-in rod.) The experience is described at
www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html#Beverage_antenna_grounds

The radials I had there are probably gone now; there's just the two
copper-clad ground rods, and I still hear VKs and ZLs off the reverse end.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com