Topband: Preamplifiers

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:08:56 EST 2015

You might consider building a W7IUV preamp.  It is a very easy to build
boradband preamp that you can build using double sided circuit board in
which you can easily cut in the pattern on one side of the circuit board
using a Dremel tool, and the opposite side is the ground plane.  I created
a website to document my builds of this preamp, and here is my website URL
in which I provide the artwork for the circuit board, along with parts
placement.  On my website I also provide a link to the W7IUV website where
you can find the most current schematic.

http://sites.google.com/site/rxpreamps/

This preamp can handle very strong input signals without being harmed.

Gain approximately 20 to 22 dB.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)