Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Feb 4 08:06:26 EST 2015

Calling out of turn not only is one of the least damaging things and most
common things someone might do. As a matter of fact, assuming the DX
stations has a reasonable bandwidth CW filter, out of turn calling is
thousands of times less disruptive to others than transmitting on the DX
station's frequency, or spreading a pile up over 15-20 kHz.

I doubt making a whipping boy out of someone in public will have any effect
on the other 250,000 people who have done it at least once.

A simple email direct to the person would have been more reasonable than a
public two day flogging.

Are we getting cranking and set in our ways, or what? :)

73 Tom