Topband: Out-of-Turn Callers

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 5 14:32:47 EST 2015

On Thu,2/5/2015 8:29 AM, Fortra wrote:
> jeez those numbers are worrying.

So are the numbers for contributions to the cost of DX trips that have
gotten increasingly expensive. The only way to get on the island is via
a helicopter, and they have had to make many trips.

Some of my friends go on these trips (three are on Navassa), and all of
them complain that while EU hams are very demanding, they don't do much
to contribute to the cost. Take a look at the "News" tab on this link,
then the "Our Sponsors" tab, noting the breakdown by continent for
contributions from Clubs and individual hams.

http://www.navassadx.com/

All of that notwithstanding, some of the key players on this expedition
were also part of FT5ZM, which did a spectacular job of filling logs
everywhere, taking advantage of propagation and great station
engineering. AA7JV and HA7RY are part of this trip. Their topband record
is excellent. And they're not the only guys who know how to work topband.

73, Jim K9YC