Topband: Out-of-Turn Callers - DXPedition Funding

Mike Cizek mgcizek at hbci.com
Fri Feb 6 07:07:29 EST 2015

NCDXF started giving presentations on DXpedition costs and funding a few
years ago.  N1DG, who was treasurer at the time, gave one at Dayton and
W6OAT has given them, too. They showed a geographic breakdown of
donations and foundation, clubs, and individual donor percentages.  They
also included a dollars per QSO analysis showing that each QSO with a
sub-Antarctic expedition (3Y/B, VH0H, etc) cost around $5.00.

73,
Mike W0VTT