Topband: HVDC

Jeff Kincaid w6jk at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 10 13:03:45 EST 2015

Out west we have the Pacific Dc Intertie, a 500KV system bringing power to So Cal from Oregon.  Is anyone aware of any noise issues with that?

Jeff W6JK

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:53 AM, Ws9v <ws9v at royell.net> wrote:

Hi All

Through the center part of Illinois they have begun work at the government level to install a  690,000 VDC power line   As with all this there is huge amount of opposition an even groups trying to ban it

Does anyone have any experience with a line of such high VDC as a noise source ?  It will pass within  3/4 of a mile south of my QTH

I am really concerned my only hope if this goes thru is to pull up stakes an move   rather than attempt to fight its noise

Any thoughts

de WS9V  Skip