Topband: K1N 5000q's on 160

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Feb 14 11:56:46 EST 2015

On 2/14/2015 5:21 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:

> On a related note, PQ0T will be on from Trindade (rare on 160) but have
> no plans to operate on Top Band.  The may however, if the emails keep
> coming into them showing the demand, may try to load something up on 160
> for at least one of the three nights they are there.
>

> Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
> _________________

Does anyone have the actual date of this operation?  All I can
find on the web is "2nd half of 2015" and "we're not allowed
to say any more".  No pitch for donations even :-)

I need this one for an ATNO, so at first it would seem like
operating on 160 would be counterproductive, especially for
only 3 days operation.  Paradoxically, 160 meters was the
easiest QSO (out of 12 slots) on the Navassa operation,
which was also an ATNO for me.  I think I called 2 or 3 times
at the most on 160 before they came back.  It helped that
the pileup wasn't 25 kHz wide.

Rick N6RK