Topband: What ever happened to the 160 meter "Z" antenna?

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sun Feb 15 19:18:14 EST 2015

Rick,  I think it had more to do with getting something out of the shack
window with the tuner inside.  I also think it had more to getting the
current maximum at the top of the pole.  The OT's used to tell me they
just taped a #47 bulb and a small loop of wire at the top and fed some
power 20 watts or so at night and then trimmed the far end for maximum
brilliance to try and get the current maximum at the top of the slant
wire.  With some vertical component and horizontal cancellation I can
not see how this was a *bad* antenna for beginners on TB.

Herb, KV4FZ