Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M

Larry Burke wi5a at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 18 13:52:07 EST 2015

Mike, no one is "jumping all over you". As has already been pointed out by
someone else, one thing that is in your control is your license class. This
expedition was announced several months ago, not "two days" before it
started. If you choose not to upgrade you will come away from future
expeditions feeling the same way. There's a reason they call it "incentive
licensing".

As for 60m, the choice to have -- or not have -- an antenna or tuner is,
again, within your control. They were on 60m three evenings in a row. I know
several people who put up a 60m antenna just for this. Not a lot of wire
involved if you really wanted to work them.

- Larry K5RK