Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M

Joe Young via Topband topband at contesting.com
Wed Feb 18 15:56:22 EST 2015

As I recall, I drove to Tucson (120 miles one way) and took the 20 WPM  Extra Class test on a Saturday in 1991. A month later (spent studying for the written test) I went back to the same place to take the written test. Fortunately, I passed both. The 20 WPM test was, of course, more difficult than the 13 WPM General Class test that I took at the FCC office in Norfolk, VA; in 1955.....but the written test for the Extra Class was, for me, easier that the written testfor the General Class test taken in 1955.