Topband: What ever happened to the 160 meter "Z" antenna?

Jonathan White jonathang8ccl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:30:41 EST 2015

I seem to remember that ant and another person who claimed to get a goo
match with a sloper fed with a i think 1/4w of wire conected at abt 2` from
base of tower .I have lost them notes . I  put up a vertical abt 50 ` high
with top bottom capacity hats, 120` long.Now this was suspended in a tree
80` high, and with 100 watts was heard, and nearly got a contact with a US
station, but he had local qrm.
But worked Cape Verde Isles and the Azores as a consolation prize.
thanks.. EI7BA And Mr Stevens.
Roll on the first or March.
73`s G8CCL