Topband: Yikes

Freddy Curtis wmfreddycurtis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:15:18 EST 2015

Charlie,
Wow!  What an inspirational story!  Somebody - Anybody, buy, get, borrow,
trade, etc. and get Brandon an amplifier for that sacrifice!

73's,
Freddy Curtis - W4WFC
Smithville, TN

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Charles Otnott <wd5bjt at peoplepc.com>
wrote:

> 73 & Best DX
>
> Charlie
> WD5BJT
>
> See September 2006 CQ Magazine for a published work.
> www.qsl.net/wd5bjt
> Fellow Static Crash Lovers,
>
> Ham Radio is a hobby of learning, leading, and inspiration.
>
> We learn, mostly through Mentors, clubs, and other like-minded
> individuals who share a love for this hobby.
>
> We, as Mentors, inspire others to challenge themselves to be
> better in the aspects of the hobby that interest the Newbee.
>
> We inspire young people to enter the hobby to learn about
> subjects like geography, the often quoted NASA core subjects
> called "STEM", politics, tolerance for others, and the list
> goes on.
>
> At my DX clubs annual DX Dinner this past December, Bob, K4UEE,
> gave a presentation on FT5ZM. After the presentation, he talked
> about the upcoming K1N operation. With his hat in his hand, his
> team was presented a donation from our club for K1N. A youngster
> of 11 years old, club member, DXCC holder, KF5NYQ, approached
> Bob and handed him his amplifier savings fund. Young Brandon refused
> to take the donation back. He stated that having the opportunity
> to work a rare ATNO was worth the donation. He would try to work
> them without an amplifier. Bob brought the story to the K1N team
> and they were so impressed with Brandon, they asked him to be the
> team's youth pilot. We always tell Brandon that school comes first.
>
> Myself and other DX club members are proud to be counted in the
> ranks of this young DXCC member's Mentors. Check out the following
> web site if you do not believe in the power of Mentors...
>
> www.k5gdx.org
>
> If donating his entire amplifier fund is worth the cost of ATNO
> is worth so much to Brandon, then $6 is pocket change for most
> of us. Let Brandon be an inspiration to all. Forgo the beer,
> cigarettes, fast food fat fest, soda, or other vice you may have
> once a month and you will be surprised how quickly $6 can add up.
>
> 73 & Best DX
>
> Charlie
> WD5BJT
>
> See September 2006 CQ Magazine for a published work.
> www.qsl.net/wd5bjt

*William Freddy Curtis*
*288 Dogwood Circle*
*Smithville, TN  37166-2712*
*Home: 615-597-9563 <615-597-9563>  Cell: 615-691-1538 <615-691-1538>*
*E-Mail = wmfreddycurtis at gmail.com <wmfreddycurtis at gmail.com>*