Topband: Modeling a BOG

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Sun Feb 22 10:17:36 EST 2015

A few years ago when I started playing around with BOG antennas, I
buried a 160 foot length  existing BOG  2 to 6 inches.  I lost more
than 6 DB on 160 meters. On 80 meters signals went WAY down.
I did not go further with exact measurements.    Lower frequencies
have deeper, less attenuated, earth penetration.

73
Bruce=K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

I highly doubt any NEC based model predicts an accurate pattern for wires