Topband: BOGs, Snakes and snowpack

Guy Olinger K2AV k2av.guy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:58:45 EST 2015

Not based on my experience with BOGs and LOGs under significant snow, or
too many seasons of falling leaves, or both. One thing that happens is
whatever original BOG tuning, setting up good f/b, done with nothing on top
of it, gets really skewed as the velocity factor goes lower and lower,
under more frozen water, leaves, whatever.

BOGs deliver a lot less signal than regular beverages, and most often need
an amplifier or a good preamp in the rig to bring the signal up to useful
levels.

73, Guy.