Topband: Remote now DXCC??

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri Feb 27 13:42:24 EST 2015

Why does publishing the results change anything.  Is there a prize for
being Honor Roll number 1?

How do you account for all the other dirty contacts on the DXCC rolls?
Those are just ignored and only remote contacts are the problem?

Once again they publish where you stand.  If guess if you need to
compare yourself to other people on the list so be it.  I have been
working on and off for DXCC honor roll since 1978.  It is not a race for
me.  Obtaining Honor Role takes time, skill and patience.  The more time
people have to spend in front of their radio the more dx they work.

The guy that has 10 more countries than me is not necessarily any better
at dxing than I am.  He might just have been on the radio more and was
in an area that had better propagation.

You are trying to find reasons to discredit remote operations by filling
holes in a DXCC program that is far from perfect.

Mike W0MU